Does your work schedule make it tough to exercise? Contact your HR department. Yoga classes can transform the tension and fatigue in your workplace to alertness, stamina and greater productivity.
But what if your exhausting work schedule makes it tough to get to classes as much as you’d like? Better yet, what if you want to introduce your equally stressed co-workers to yoga? Contact your HR department; you may have a Wellness program that offers health-related classes like yoga. I would like to offer you a package to heal, energize and keep you and your employees happy and healthy!
I have taught yoga to City of Markham employees. Here is what they have to say about the benefits of yoga:
“Tracie Smith was one of a number of yoga instructors who provided lunch time classes to our staff as part of the City’s Wellness program. Her classes were always well received by the participants. Tracie has my highest recommendation. “
D. Drimmel, HR
“Tracie’s “lunch-time” yoga gives me 45min of enjoyable time to stretch and calm myself down. It helps me cope with my sleeping problems too!”
“It is a pleasure working out with Tracie’s yoga class. She has very clear instruction and the work designed for the class is perfect for a lunch time break.”
“I really enjoy Tracie Smith’s classes exactly as they are. I find they flow really well and she challenges me to get better.”
“Great facilitation. Tracie demos poses well and calls out instruction very clearly. I appreciate how attuned she is to participants and that she makes adjustments to improve one’s technique.”
FREE YOGA CLASS
- Breathe! Take time in your practice to breathe in and out through your nose. This will help to release tension when holding asanas (poses) for a long period of time.
- Be Kind…to yourself! When you feel tired – take time to rest and nurture yourself with good whole foods. Life is a journey to enjoy, not a race to complete.
- Motion is lotion: If you are feeling stiff – consider gentle movements to move the qi and blood in your body. Check out my Youtube channel for some yoga movements.
Make It Yourself!
Yoga Mat Cleaner:
Mix 1 part warm water with 3 parts white vinegar. Add a few drops of essential oils (like eucalyptus, tea tree oil, mint or lavender) Use liberally on mat and wipe off.
Benefits of Yoga/Corporate Benefits
- Enhances work performance
- Increase morale & efficiency
- Reduces stress & anxiety
- Improves memory, focus & concentration
- Tones & strengthens muscles
- Improves posture & flexibility
- Less sick time & absences
- And even improve your golf or tennis game